Google gives you the opportunity to reach a wide base of potential customers with ‘Google My Business’. It is an Internet-based service for business owners, operated by Google.
Apart from the fact that it brings your business to the world by allowing your business come up in searches and the map, it gives you the opportunity to filter what information people get about your business – your location, products, opening hours and reviews.
Here’s how to sign up for Google My Business:
1. Log into the Google Account you want associated with your business (or create a Google Account if you don’t already have one).
2. Go to google.com/business and select “Start now” in the top right-hand corner.
3. Enter your business name.
4. Enter your business address
5. If you go to your customers’ locations, check the box “I deliver goods and services to my customers.” And if you work out of your house or another address you don’t want publicly shown, Check “Hide my address (it’s not a store) Only show region.” Finally, select your Delivery area.
6. Choose your business category. Try to choose the most accurate category possible…you’re essentially telling Google which type of customers should see your business listing.
7. Add your business phone number or website.
8. Choose a verification option- By Postcard, Phone, Email, Instant verification or Bulk verification.
9. After verifying your account, flesh out your profile by adding other important information, pictures of products and store (if any).
Note: You have the opportunity to edit information at anytime and ‘Google My Business’ is FREE.