Addiction is the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance or activity. In current times, young people have become addicted to tons of things and drugs are one of them.
Drugs have become one sustenance of daily communion for most young people with justifiable reasons why they are used and neglecting the effects it has both physically and mentally.
EFFECT OF DRUG ADDICTION
Drugs are chemicals that affect the body and brain. Different drugs can have different effects. Some effects of drugs include health consequences that are long-lasting and permanent. They can even continue after a person has stopped taking the substance.
some effect of drug addictions are as follows
- A weakened immune system, increasing the risk of illness and infection
- Heart conditions ranging from abnormal heart rates to heart attacks and collapsed veins and blood vessel infections from injected drugs
- Nausea and abdominal pain, which can also lead to changes in appetite and weight loss
- Increased strain on the liver, which puts the person at risk of significant liver damage or liver failure
- Seizures, stroke, mental confusion and brain damage
- Lung disease
- Problems with memory, attention and decision-making, which make daily living more difficult
- Global effects of drugs on the body, such as breast development in men and increases in body temperature, which can lead to other health problems.
The good thing about this is that the this drug use disorder is treatable and can be controlled.
This Post Has One Comment
Lmaooo, development of breast in men