The SME100 Africa 25under25 Awards is a platform which is aimed at recognizing and celebrating micro and small businesses including startups that are transforming industries that impact millions of lives every day in Nigeria.
Its 7th edition which was supported by Softcom, Eyowo, AXA Mansard, Jameson, Power horse, Forbes Nigeria and 12 baskets happened on October 31st, 2022 at Ekonovo, Softcom HQ, Ikeja GRA Lagos, Nigeria. The event Themed “Youth Innovation for tomorrow”, was an evening of inspiration as phenomenal individuals graced the event including nominees, alumni of the award, seasoned entrepreneurs and mentors.
The Founder, SME100 Africa, Charles Odii emphasized the importance of developing small businesses in Nigeria and their relevance to the Nigerian Economic system. Charles said, “small business owners have started businesses, employing others by so doing reducing the rate of unemployment in Nigeria and eradicating poverty, we at SME100Africa will continue to support them to excel”.
Other guests present at the awards include, Emmanuelle Blatmann, the Representative of the French ambassador to Nigeria, Patrick Omitoki from Forbes Africa, Dabota Lawson, Brand Manager Juvenus Academy Nigeria, Ozomena Chukuwu and other dignitaries.
Individuals and businesses in various categories such as Agriculture, Fashion, Foods and drinks, Software and Design, Sports, and many more were awarded. The winners include:
- Oladimeji Caxton-Martins (Street Kids Helping Initiative) – Active Citizenship and Government Engagement
- Isreal Chigozirim (Riwe Technologies Limited) – Agriculture
- Solomon Chidinma (Jachi Art) – Arts and Culture
- Ayomide Ojomu (360 Beauty Enterprise) – Beauty and Makeup
- Ayotunde Olayinka Bello (Ninth media) – Creative Writing and Content creation
- Oyin Soyombo (Litfootwear Enterprise) – E-commerce
- Samantha Lazarus (The Springs Gate Grammar School) – Education
- Michael Uchime (Rainbow Petroleum Retail and Supply) – Energy and Sustainability
- Joseph Eshofune (Reset Interiors) – Environment and Interior Décor
- Christian Agu (Chris Event) – Event Planning
- Samuel Anefu (Jaykole Fashion Empire) – Fashion
- Emmanuel Obiayo Michael (Elite Learners Hub) – Finance & Fintech
- Debra Pepple(House of Azu) – Food and Drinks
- Ismail Ajagbe (Measura Health Limited) – Health and Skincare
- Precious Bassey (Purple Leisure) – Hospitality and Tourism
- Omirin Aderinsola (SolaSoles) – Manufacturing and logistics
- Okoli Micheal Panda (Panda Media Entertainment and Productions) – Media and Communications
- Esther Chineye – Music
- Okonkwo Paul – Performing Arts
- Akalezi Timothy (Acarlezy Studio) – Photography
- Emmanuel Dairo (Red Circle Digital Agency) – Professional Services
- Victory Ifeanyichukwu Uzoma (Parkers Mobile Clinic) – Social Entrepreneurship
- Daniel Samuel (Sugary Digital Growth) – Software and Design
- Rukevwe Edwards (Track Athletes) – Sports
- Anyalewechi Precious (D’Rubix IT Solutions LTD) – Technology
This is an annual entrepreneurship leadership program aimed at Identifying, recognizing, celebrating and supporting Nigeria’s most innovative entrepreneurs under the age of 25. These are innovators, influencers, trendsetters, inventors, entrepreneurs, etc. who are doing phenomenal things and contributing to social – economic development in Nigeria. For more information and enquiries, please call SME100 Africa on 08177743650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org